Curren fifth- through 11th-grade students who want to participate in a specialized program during the upcoming 2020-2021 school year should apply for enrollment starting Tuesday, Jan. 7.
Parents and students can learn more about the programs by attending open houses or contacting a program coordinator. They also can attend a fair on Tuesday, Jan. 7, to speak with program coordinators and get help applying for programs. The fair will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Roosevelt Elementary School gym at 2921 Falk Rd.
Full-day magnet programs and half-day programs of choice empower students to explore their interests and gain knowledge and skills needed for their future careers. Options include:
- Careers in Education (grades 10-12)
- Vancouver Flex Academy (grades 9-12)
- Welding/Fabrication Technology (grades 10-12)
- Culinary Arts (grades 10-12)
- International Baccalaureate (grades 9-12)
- Medical Arts (grades 9-12)
- Vancouver iTech Preparatory (grades 6-12)
- Fort Vancouver Center for International Studies (grades 9-12, no application required)
- Architecture, Construction and Environmental Services (Bay ACES) (grades 9-12)
- Science, Math and Technology Magnet (Skyview SMTM) (grades 9-12)
- Vancouver School of Arts and Academics (grades 6-12)
Students currently in fifth through 11th grades should apply for all programs that match their interests. Applications should be submitted online.